We are offering another one of our brilliant and super popular beginners’ course in September! In our fully packed intense “freshmeat training period” you get solid skating skills, learn the rules and master your first game moves. After the course you are good to go, whether it is a joyful (and sweaty!) new hobby or a nice kick-start for your athletic or referee career you are looking for!
The beginners’ course, also called as freshmeat training period, will be held on 9.9.-16.12.
- On skate training on Saturdays at 15:30-17.30 at Vuosaaren Urheilutalo
- Off skate training/rules sessions on Thursdays (September) and Mondays (November-December) at 19:00-20.30 at Pasilan Urheilutalo.
- More detailed schedule will be given when registered to the course.
- Participants get to watch and learn the game also on Sunday scrimmages at Vuosaaren Urheilutalo
At the end of the course we will have minimum skills test and after that skaters are eligible to be a full member of our league.
We will have several skilled trainers taking care of the course, and our Finnish National Champs team, the Queen B’s, will come to help you in each and every practise. This way we will make sure that you get the most out of your course!
We will take the first 25 skaters to the course. The course costs 120 €. You can sign up for the course by sending e-mail to email@example.com. Hurry, the course is filling up super quickly!
What do I need to do before the course?
- Get yourself safety gear and skates! More info about the gear here!
- Check out some frequently asked questions and basic info of the freshmeat course here!
- Explore the world of roller derby. Footage from bouts: www.wftda.tv or from Youtube.
If you have any questions or would like to sign in for the course, send us mail to firstname.lastname@example.org!
This post is also available in: Finnish